It’s been a while since my last FFF. There have been gifts to buy and presents to wrap. Not to mention the decorations that have been put up in the past month…..I keep thinking that life will slow down. I’ve come to the conclusion that life isn’t going to slow down until I purposely slow it down. I’m prioritizing today so that I can recap my last two weeks. That will probably mean that cat hair will still be on the sofa tomorrow. Even when we don’t get everything done, life goes on.
The Bad Experiences:
Let’s start with the bad experiences I had earlier this week. I discovered that the lid on my favorite hair serum (you can find the culprit here) came off while in a drawer in the bathroom. The entire contents of the bottle seeped down the front of my drawer, into the drawers below, and all over floor. Cleaning up the mess took forever! Every drawer, as well as every item in each drawer, had to be cleaned. I discovered that no matter how much I cleaned, oil makes tile slick. Every time my socks touched the slick tile, I danced my way through the bathroom. I’ve been on ice that was less slick! So, until the tile is coated with hairspray again, my bathroom will be considered a danger zone.
The other bad experience happened when I didn’t pull my car all the way into the garage. You know where this is headed! Long story short, the garage door slammed into the back of the car. I always thought that the garage door was supposed to stop in this type of situation. I thought wrong. The garage door did stop, but not before there was a serious jolt to the car. Thankfully, there was no damage. At least, I think there was none. I tried not to look too hard for any damage. This proves that I am driving a car that is much too big. It’s confirmation that I need another convertible. Ashton doesn’t know that this happened and I’m only sharing because he doesn’t read my blog. So, let’s keep that between us.
The Good Stuff:
1. My Sweater for my Cup- I love accessories. So, of course, I love my cup sweater. You can find one of those here. When I look at it, I feel warm and fuzzy inside because someone, somewhere, crocheted it by hand. And, it wasn’t me that crocheted it. You know how I feel about crafting from yesterday’s post.
2. My Parents’ Anniversary- Seven years is the longest I’ve been married, so I truly appreciate their forty-nine years of marriage. Ashton and I are looking forward to celebrating with them tonight! Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! You are the best example of marriage ever!
3. My Camera- Lovin’ it! I never knew there was such a thing as wifi cameras! You can find my Samsung NX300 here. When I saw it on another blog, I knew I had to have one! It’s just what I need to inspire me to take more pictures. I like that it is lighter than the Cannon and it has more capabilities than the Nikon JI I had before. Besides the pool, it was the second best money I have spent. I chose white because it is completely my own and I don’t have to share it! There’s still enough money left from my bonus to enjoy a spa day. Smiles!
4. A Meeting with the Art Teachers. ‘Tis the season of meetings for teachers. I wasn’t overly thrilled at the thought of a meeting after a long day at work. However, we feasted and played games and it proved to be quite fun! During this particular build-a-snowman game, we divided into groups of five. We had four minutes to wrap a willing participant in toilet paper and decorate her to resemble a snowman. The best snowman won. Laughter and fellowship is exactly what us art teachers needed!
5. The First Bottle of Christmas Wine this Year. I look forward to Naughty and Nice every year. It was a great excuse to break out my Christmas wine glass, too!
I’ll leave you with a bit of advice. Always store any type of oil in the upright position. Always make sure you pull your car completely into the garage. And, during this holiday season, so something nice for someone. This week, I committed a few acts of random kindness and I am truly happier because of it.
What were some of the highlights from your week? Take a moment to comment below!