An ear infection and a three-hour wait at Urgent Care threw a big, fat wrench into my week; not to mention the torrential downpours on Wednesday that were a pain. Because of extreme ear yuckiness, I even cancelled our trip to the mountains. You know, from this post, how much I hated this because I was looking forward to spending time with my parents. I am happy to report that I am feeling much better, thanks to good meds. Because I try to live a very holistic life, I prefer more natural remedies. I hate the thought of having to take medicine. But after days of uneventfully saturating my ear with a mixture of apple cider vinegar and alcohol, I was grateful for professional medical help! Thank goodness medicine is there when you need it. If I hadn’t improved soon, I was seriously considering pulling a “Van Gogh” and doing away with my own ear. However, if I had to find good in the whole ear situation, it’s that it was as very peaceful few days because I couldn’t hear anything!
Here’s my Favorite Five Friday list:
1. A Salad with a Note. I have one of the most thoughtful friends, ever. On the day my ear hurt so badly, she braved the rain to deliver a surprise salad to me at school. She even went to the grocery store to purchase a bottle of balsamic vinegar because she knows I like that on my salad. (By the way, balsamic vinegar is great on everything!) Because I was busy teaching, she left a sweet note attached to the salad. I apologize for not taking a photo of the salad. I was really hungry and I quickly devoured the salad before my visit to Urgent Care. The surprise salad was definitely the highlight of that day! My friend and I have recently reunited after years of not talking. Life keeps putting us together and we have had a lot of the same life experiences. I believe that God has something special planned for both of us.
2. Another Note. In case you haven’t noticed, I have a soft spot in my heart for notes. One of my second graders gifted me with a handmade bracelet and a note. Sometimes teaching the younger kids requires so much patience that I contemplate making the change to teach high school. Inevitably, one of the little kids always does something so sweet that it changes my mind. I just can’t imagine that high school kids would ever say sweet things to me. In fact, high school kids are a little scary.
3. A Image Peel. Yesterday, while my ear was hurting, I decided to have my yearly much-needed peel. I figured that I’d have everything hurt all at once, rather than prolong the pain and suffering. I began getting the Image TCA Orange Peel three years ago and my skin has improved much! During the last few years, I have been on a mission to improve the condition of my sun-damaged skin. Shearae and Dr. Hussey,at Emerge Spa, always do an amazing job letting me know exactly what to expect. Otherwise, it would be a little scary when you feel as if half of your face is falling off. Yesterday during the process, the peel was moderately painful, but manageable. Today, my skin feels tight and a little sunburned. From experience, I know that the real fun will begin tomorrow when my face peels in layers, layers, layers. For a couple of days, I’m not fit to go out in public. However, the pain is worth the gain. Afterwards, my skin looks so fresh! Did I mention that I love the Image products? They have a skin cream that contains stem cells. I’ve seen the improvement in Shearae’s skin since she began the Image products. Her skin is gorgeous! So, why was a painful process a highlight? Because I love any Emerge spa treatment! * There is NO way I’d ever post a picture of myself during this process!*
4. A New Favorite Kick-in-the-Behind Drink. Sometimes, I just need an energy drink to get through the 3:00 pm slump! This seems to be a little more healthy than most energy drinks. I have promised myself that I won’t make drinking these a habit! (We’ll see how that goes..)
5. A New Nail Polish. I’m not adventurous when it comes to nail polish. However, I was yearning for something a little different for fall. This nail polish was part of the Julep Halloween box. You can see the review of the Julep Halloween box here. The color is Marla. I love it with black and it even goes well with the Halloween orange that I’ve been wearing lately. Go, me, for branching out!
What did I learn this week? Whether it’s sickness, circumstances, or relationships, there is always something good that comes from something bad.
Have you ever experienced something good that resulted from something bad?