What a festive day in the elementary school! Seriously, Valentine’s Day seems as large as Christmas. Already, I’ve been bombarded by chocolate and sweets. I bypassed the table of donuts this morning only to devour a handful of chocolate miniatures as soon as I sat down at my desk. Oh well. You’ve gotta celebrate a holiday, right?
Here are my favorite five from this week….
1. A Drawing (with a treat) From A Student- It’s Random Kindness Week at school. I was gifted the cutest drawing one morning while I was doing my hall duty. It’s made my heart swell with happiness at the acts of kindness that have been committed around the school. Character education is so important for these young kids. In my art class, having good manners and being kind to each other is the most important thing. If they remember nothing else about me, I hope that they remember how much I love kindness and manners.
2. A DIY Valentine Manicure-This past week, I popped off what was left of my gel nails. That was absolutely no fun. I tried gel again (for the millionth time) and it’s just not for me. I like my nails short and colorful. The gel was too high-maintenance. For the past week, in honor of Valentine’s Day, I have been showing off these two polishes. The red was included in my December Julep box. The color is Karrisa . The heart glitter clear coat was a freebie in this month’s box. I decided that rather spend money on having my nails done every two weeks, it’s more cost effective to keep my Julep subscription. The leftover money will go into my Botox fund. Botox is equal to wine on the list of things I need.
3. My Glass Water Bottle- I have looked everywhere for a glass water bottle! Sometimes I like to add my doTERRA Slim and Sassy to my water. In case you didn’t know, oils and citrus breakdown plastic and release chemicals into the water. How long will I get to use it before I drop it? The bets are out on this. Here is one from Amazon. I also like this one with the sleeve. It may be my next purchase!
4. A Valentine Surprise From my Secret Pal- My secret pal has done it again! She (because I know only a girl could pick out these fantastic things) picks out the best stuff for me! Not only did she give me these two dishtowels, she gave me the cutest Valentine’s Day apron. Ashton probably doesn’t understand why he can’t use these towels. Of course, they are purely decorative. Please, tell me that I’m not the only one who has unusable towels on display through out the house…..
5. A Great Report From the Dentist- Yes, yes, yes! I went to the dentist earlier this week and, FINALLY, all of my dental work is done! If you have followed any of my dental adventures on Facebook, you know what a difficult time I’ve had this year. My teeth have not been my friends. I’ve had several broken teeth, a bridge, and several more root canals and crowns. For now, I have taken Dr. Hinnant off of my speed-dial. I feel that this feat warrants a well-tooth party. I can just see it now……I would definitely have to have a happy tooth cake!
Photo by A Keen Cake Impression
Let’s start a conversation! What were some of your highlights from this past week? Did you commit an act of random kindness?