Last week was so depressing. The thought of my summer vacation being over was nearly too much to bear. A big black cloud was over me that I couldn’t seem to shake. One of the brighter moments of the week was finding my Popsugar box at the door. For those of you that aren’t familiar with the Popsugar subscription box, it is delivered monthly for the bargain price of $39.95. I know…that doesn’t sound like much of a bargain until you realize how much you actually save. (We’ll get to that later.) I usually use everything in my monthly boxes. I know that at least once a month, I can count on feeling pretty darned special when I find that fantastic box at my door!
These are the items that were in my August Popsugar box…..
1. Southern Culture Shortstacks Pancake & Waffle Mix- This all natural birthday cake flavored mix will be the perfect sweet treat for breakfast. Looks like Smokey will have to have yet another birthday celebration! Value: $7.99
2. American Colors Mediterranean Plaid Scarf- This scarf will transition effortlessly into fall. It’s super soft and lightweight. At first, I was skeptical about the color. However, after trying it on, it’s a keeper. It’s fun to branch out and try new things! Value: $79.00 (Yikes!)
3. Pastel Best Day Ever Mug- This dishwasher and microwave safe will inspire you to make every day amazing. As I need all of the positivism I can get, this mug found it’s way to my classroom. I’m sure I’ll feel more cheerful as I sip my morning tea, while the kids call my name thousands of times. Value: $12.00
4. Happy Jackson Yay Lunch! Lunch Box- Packing my lunch won’t be a chore with this happy-colored box. Then again, eating lunch is one of my favorite parts of the day. Value: $10.00
5. Meri Meri Toot Sweet Pink Stripe Napkins– I love fun napkins. I will be saving these for Valentine’s Day. These holidays always creep up on me! Value: $5.95
6. My YogaWorks 3 Month Trial- If you feel motivated, this 3-month trial offers over 700 classes. Honestly, I don’t love these subscription deals. I’m always afraid that I will get charged if I forget to cancel, so I don’t even bother. This girl will stick to walking. Value: $45.00
7. Royal Apothic Tea Balm Firming Eye Treatment- This firming eye cream helps banish dark circles and smooths fine lines. I did notice that is very rich and creamy and my skin feels much more hydrated in the morning after I apply it. So far, I’ve really enjoyed using it. I was hoping that I’d wake up ten years younger. No such luck. Value: $36.00
8. Folgers Iced Cafe Caramel Macchiato Flavored Coffee Drink Concentrate-This flavoring can be added to milk for a simple iced coffee drink. Since I’m not a coffee fan or a milk fan, this wasn’t for me. I’ll graciously let it sit in the pantry for a while. Maybe someone will try it. Value: $4.99
My sister gets the Popsugar subscription box as well. We both agreed that this wasn’t our most favorite box. But having said that, I definitely wouldn’t send it back either. It’s a great value considering I received $200.93 dollars worth of fantastic items for $39.95.
Just because of the cheerful coffee mug and lunch box, I might actually feel a little excited about returning to school. Maybe…