It’s been a really great week. Actually, the word “great” doesn’t do it justice. My week was AMAZING because I spent part of it on a cruise ship to the Bahamas. Every year, my husband and I treat ourselves to a getaway on Carnival’s Fantasy. We live only a few hours from Charleston and it’s an inexpensive, easy trip that never gets old. When people ask where I’m going, I feel obligated to say “only the Bahamas”. But, in truth, we love Nassau. You can see a blog post about our favorite places here. There are always new people to meet and new adventures to be had! Even though the weather was rainy, there were many memories that were made!
These are the things that made my Favorite Five Friday list…
1. The Cutest Note Ever. A couple of weeks ago, I lost a crown on my tooth. It happened at school and I looked like a hillbilly until it was fixed. It was not a pretty sight! Yesterday, one of my art students surprised me with an envelope. In the envelope was a drawing, a note, and money. When I asked about the money, she insisted that it was from the tooth fairy. I remembered mentioning that the tooth fairy wouldn’t be interested in my tooth because it was too old. How sweet that she felt sorry for me!
2. Julep. Last month’s Julep subscription contained several fantastic items. The Cody nail polish, as well as the cuticle serum, went on the cruise with me. Through the water and sand, my nails remained chip-free for more than a week. Julep products are amazing! To find out more about getting your own Julep subscription, check out this website.
3. My Lauren G. Adams ring. Before we went on our trip, I set aside a little money to purchase a ring in Nassau. Nassau has the best duty-free jewelry stores! I didn’t know exactly what I was looking as I dragged Ashton into the stores. It had to be something unique and within my budget. As soon as I saw this jewelry, I was hooked! I can’t wait to start a collection! I was afraid of purchasing a color, but this ring matches much more than I would have thought. I haven’t been able to take it off!
4. Cleaning Out the Attic. Finally! This was on my to-do list all summer. For the past two years, things have been multiplying in the attic. I was more than enthusiastic when Ashton decided to have a yard sale. My two friends, Doug and Holly, and my mom came over to help. It took hours and a thousand trips up the stairs to bring everything down from the attic. I had much fun watching my mom and Holly create displays in the garage. What would I ever do without friends and family? Always take every opportunity to have fun!
5. The Cruise. Of course, the cruise! Here are a few pictures….
We went on the cruise with a couple of friends. I laughed until my stomach was sore! We arrived at the port early and were second in line to board the ship. The weather was a little rainy, and we’d been up for hours, but mimosas (for us girls) made everything better.
Oh, my. The food! One of my favorite things about cruising is trying all of the new foods. On the first night, I had salmon with apples. YUM! I am all about presentation and unusual food combinations. When in Freeport, I always have to get the conch balls….amazaballs!
Whatever happens at Senor Frogs, stays at Senor Frogs, right? I am surely hoping so! There might have been lots of dancing and conga lines that afternoon. For a few hours, I was twenty-one again. We met lots of new people and had a blast!
Thanks again, Fantasy, for another fun-filled cruise. You’ve proved that bigger is not always better! We will see you again in January!
Weekly recaps are my favorite! They always make me feel more in-touch with my life. I feel truly blessed to have such wonderful people in my life!
What were some of the favorite things in your life, this week? Please share in the comments below!