Now that I am officially on summer break, Fridays roll around too quickly! I don’t know where the time goes! I had a great week, if you don’t count Smokey’s breaking my favorite cup and saucer. And, if you don’t count the toe nail that I partially ripped off as I was vacuuming. Except for the pain, the toenail wasn’t a big deal. I just painted the skin on my toe. Now, I have the optical illusion of a toe nail. I am, however, still upset at Smokey.
I’ll spare you a picture of my toenail. But, here is a picture of the teacup destruction.
And here, my friends, are my favorite five things from this week….
1. Smokey’s Bar. I was able to hang out with these three amigos in Smokey’s Bar last Sunday afternoon. It was an unplanned get-together. Sometimes those are the best! We put together few appetizers, mixed a few cocktails, and enjoyed lots of music and laughter!
2. Makeup Brushes. I’ve never used makeup brushes before, but since I have been buying a lot of the e.l.f. makeup lately, I decided to give them a try. Love, love, love! I truly feel “artsy” when I am applying my makeup with a brush! E.l.f. is one of my affiliates. I highly recommend their products! (And I don’t get paid anything to say that!)
3. I Canned! Yes, I actually canned some things that came out of the garden. I’m not sure if it’s more of a miracle that I grew enough to can, or that my canning skills were actually successful. Either way, I now have the confidence to try canning something else! Next on the list…..my mother-in-law’s squash relish recipe!
4. Jack Rogers. I purchased my first pair of Jack Russells, or Jack Daniels….or whatever those shoes are called. And, yes, I realize that they are flats. I realize that my feet are super long and skinny. But they are gold, and I love anything gold this summer. Here’s to branching out of my comfort zone by not wearing heels!
5. This Family Photo. I found this photo while looking through mom’s picture box. We were actually featured in the Goldsboro News Argus a zillion years ago. Oh, the good memories this pictures brings back! I might be biased, but, I think that I have a pretty awesome family!
And because Smokey is still in the doghouse, I am going let Tequila wish you a very happy weekend!