What a crazy week!!! I could definitely tell that there was a full moon! It’s not that it’s been a bad week, but everything has been just a little harder than normal. Remember that Sexy Alligator concoction from last Monday? I could have easily made one of those every single day this week. Given this week’s challenges, I thought that finding five favorite things for this week’s post would be difficult. As always, I surprised myself by finding more things than I thought possible. I guess that, challenging or not, life is good.
My Favorite Five Friday items….
1. October. This must be one of my favorite months EVER! I love the cooler weather and the promise of the coming holidays. I love hearing the leaves crunch under my feet and I love anticipating my family’s annual trip to the mountains. During this week, I decorated the house for fall. Fall is my idea of perfection! You can see my earlier post about fall here.
2. Pumpkin Spiced Anything. I am crazy over pumpkin spiced anything! I have steered away from pumpkin because I have always disliked pumpkin pie. I stepped out on a limb a couple of weeks ago and purchased the pumpkin spiced almonds. I was thrilled to discover that it was the texture of the pumpkin pie that I had disliked; not the flavor. In the spirit of my favorite new flavor, I added pumpkin spice to my coffee this morning. I now have a serious new addiction.
3. A Nice Note. The power of a note! When I think about “the simple things in life”, this would fit that bill. A positive note doesn’t cost a penny, yet has the ability to brighten someone’s entire day! This week I found a sticky note that my assistant principal had written in my lesson plan book after an observation. It made my day!
4. My Parents. Of course, I’m thankful that I was born. But, I am really thankful that my parents are always there when we need them. We had our fence installed this week. My mother stayed home from work on the first day of instalation to make sure that everything ran smoothly. The week before, she helped with the yard sale. She and my dad are constantly doing things to help my husband and me. I appreciate them so much, but I don’t tell them nearly enough! I can’t imagine what I’d ever do without them.
5. Fall Art Projects. Fall is in full swing in art class! No matter how many years I’ve taught, I look forward to fall crafts! The fun thing about teaching elementary art is celebrating all of the holidays and seasons!
I forgot to mention that a special boy celebrated his third birthday on the eight of October! Since he joined us, our life has been one adventure after another. Happy Birthday, Smokey! In case you haven’t met Smokey, I wrote a post about him.
What were some of your favorite things from your week? Please share in the comments below!
Have a great weekend!